CAREERS IN CONSTRUCTION
Kraemer Brothers, one of Wisconsin’s leading construction companies, is seeking a talented individual to fill a need in our Plain, WI location. Kraemer Brothers consistently provides competitive compensation and a challenging work environment.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- 5+ years of field management and a related degree or equivalent experience for this position.
- Experience supervising and coordinating the construction of complex commercial or institutional projects.
- Overall responsibility for the management of construction activities.
- Ensuring compliance with design, schedule and budget requirements.
- Coordinating company performed trade work.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of
planning and construction
- Prepare and manage detailed schematic budget
ing and estimating
- Project administration of projects to ensure
accordance with design, schedule, and budget
- Coordinate subcontractor bids
- 5+ years of Project Manager/Estimator experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
or Civil Engineering
- Commercial construction experience
- Understanding of our self-performed trades:
carpentry, masonry, concrete, and ironwork is
beneficial.Successful candidates should be familiar
with estimating software, have strong client service
orientation, demonstrate outstanding communication
and organization skills.
Building Strong Communities
Based at our main headquarters in Plain, WI is a full-time staff of 34, consisting of executive management, project managers, client services, accounting staff, human resources, information technology, office management, and support staff.
There are 11 full-time workers in our equipment and distribution center, also in Plain. These specialists oversee heavy equipment mechanics, metal fabrication, carpentry, equipment management, and transportation.
Kraemer Brothers typically employs approximately 300 personnel in the field, including project superintendents, field engineers, and various supervisors and laborers in our self-performed trades of concrete, steel erection, masonry, and carpentry.
Whether it be our four-part, Foundations Safety Orientation Program, trade association safety seminars, OSHA compliance, or leadership training, Kraemer Brothers firmly believes an employee’s knowledge base is the biggest driver of behavior in the field. Giving each employee the tools to identify and correct hazards without engaging a safety professional or management perpetuates a proactive safety culture.
Weekly toolbox talks are also provided every Monday morning by a field manager to begin the work week focusing on safety, showing our workforce that safety ultimately comes first.
Quality Assured by Thoroughness of Team
If there is one thing Kraemer Brothers is known for, it is delivering a high-quality product. Having third generation craftsmen and supervisors throughout our company has ensured that our systems are clearly followed and that our high expectations are always met.